Thursday, January 31, 2013

Products to Use Up in 2013

So, like many of us who are a bit beauty product obsessed, I have amassed quite a collection of makeup. I really love everything I have and don't regret purchasing, but I do feel quite guilty when I have to toss a lipgloss that is more than half full because it has started to smell funny. I watched a video on YouTube by MakeupTIA the other day that inspired me to select a few products that I haven't been using regularly, but would like to use up this year. I've made a significant dent in all of these products, but for some reason just have never finished. Here is my list:



  • Stila Lip Glaze in Kitten - I loved this gloss for a long time, but when it started to get low, I stopped using it because I didn't want to run out (?? crazy, I know.. )

  • Stila Eyeshadow in Kitten - I am so close to being done this and I already have purchased a back-up.

  • Natural Beauty by Carmindy for Sally Hansen Lipgloss in Pink Blush - I was pretty disappointed when Carmindy's line was discontinued as I enjoyed quite a few of the products. This gloss for example, is really pretty, not sticky, and lasts a significant amount of time. Oh well. I want to finish this one before it goes bad.

  • Lorac Blush in Dazzle - very pretty plum color, but I've had it for several years. I don't even think they make this color anymore.

  • Garnier 2-in-1 Anti-Dark Circle Eye Roller - I like this product, but don't love it. Plus, I have several other concealors to get to.

  • Smashbox Lights Up Blush Trio - this is a pretty trio that I received in a gift set. It has a bronzer, highlighter and blush all in one. I like to swirl it for an allover color.

  • Urban Decay Primer Potion - I have a couple of these that came in sample kits, etc. I generally prefer primers that are a bit more opaque than this. Also, I'm loving my Maybelline Color Tattoos as primers these days, so I probably won't repurchase this anytime soon.

  • Makeup Forever HD Microfinish Powder - another sample size. I don't love this setting powder. I'd rather just use the Rimmel Stay Matte powder, but I don't want this one to go to waste.

  • Also, I'd like to make a dent in the pile of mini mascaras that I seem to have unintentionally collected. When sorting through my samples last month, I found that I probably should not have to buy a new mascara all year if I just use these samples.

So there you have it. I'll check back in at the end of the year to see how I've done and select new products for next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment