Monday, April 1, 2013

Favourites - February and March 2013

So I'm combining February and March into one favourites post because I was out of town for most of February and since I was trying to pack light, I didn't really get to experiment very much. I did pick up several beauty products, however, and I have been posting about these, but I do have some favourites that I have been using in the time that I have been back in town. 






  • Youngblood Ultimate Concealer in Fair - this mini compact is perfect for carrying in my purse for touch-ups during the day. The product itself is very creamy and provides a nice level of coverage.

  • Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light - this is a soft, warm pale yellow powder that I use as a setting powder. I find that it really smooths out my skin and minimizes the redness.

  • Sephora Microsmooth Blush Duo in Tea Rose Tickle - a very pretty blush duo with a dusty rose and a paler highlighting shade. I blend the two shades together and then brush a bit more of the highlighter on the tops of my cheeks. 

  • Burberry Lip Cover Soft Satin Lipstick in no. 27 Tulip Pink - this is my first Burberry makeup purchase and it is very nice. The formula is smooth, fairly long-wearing and this colour in particular is gorgeous. 

  • Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette - I love my original Urban Decay Naked Palette and use it all the time, but Naked 2 is not something that I pull out all that often. I decided to try to use this more this month, and I've really been liking it. The specific eye that I have been doing is like this:

    • Crease - Tease
    • Lid - Verve
    • Outer V and blending into crease - Pistol
    • Outer V - Blackout
    • Highlight - Foxy
This is a much more cool-toned eye look than I am used to. I normally try to incorporate       some warm tones, at least for blending so this is something different that I am really liking at   this moment.

So those are my favourites for now. I'm looking forward to trying new things as well as using up old products in April.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment