Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Goodies I Picked Up in Asia - Part 2 - Skinfood

Skinfood is a line of skincare and cosmetics that I have been really looking forward to trying. It is a Korean brand sold in Asia. There are freestanding Skinfood stores in Hong Kong, but I also noticed that there were counters in high-end department stores. Their motto is "Food that is good for your health, is also good for your skin" so they use a lot of healthy foods in the products.

I spent about 1000HKD, which converts to approximately $130CAD.

Here is what I got:

  • Black Egg Primer Serum
  • Black Egg Pore Foundation
  • Acorn Jelly Mask
  • Black Sugar Scrub Foam
  • Fresh Apple Pore Cleansing Oil
  • Coconut Milk Rich Hand Cream
  • Gold Caviar Collagen Mask Sheet (free gift)
  • Body Spray (free gift)




Black Egg Pore Serum and Black Egg Pore Foundation


I am wearing both of these products right now. I applied this morning at about 6 am, so it has been about 6 hours and my skin feels great. Really smooth, and not at all oily. The Black Egg Pore Serum contains egg white extract and is said to tighten enlarged pores while controlling excessive sebum and oiliness. Your skin is supposed to look like a fresh boiled egg upon application! I'm not sure I look like an egg, but I do think my pores appear less visible and I'm happy with the oil control so far. 
I picked up the Black Egg Pore Foundation in shade #1 Light Beige. There are only 2 shades - # 2 Natural Beige was slightly darker, so this is not a product for those with a darker complexion. Once you remove the cap, there is a small buffing brush and then another cap that, once removed, reveals a mousse-like creamy foundation. It is quite unique in texture. Perhaps it can be compared to the old Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse foundation. It is quite light, and blends nicely with the supplied brush. I've been going for a more light foundation look lately and this is something that I have been enjoying using. Recently I've felt that my normal mineral foundations have been leaving me looking a bit cake-y, so this feels a bit more natural.
I'm really happy with both of these products, and would consider finding them online in the future.

Black Sugar Scrub Foam



This product comes out of the tube with the consistency of a cream, with small granules that gently exfoliate, and then gradually foams up and the granules sort of disappear and you are left with a very moisturizing lather. It is hard to explain, but this is a very unique product. After using this, my skin feels smooth, moist, and clean. The scent is lovely as well. It almost has a citrus-y scent that is not overpowering, but just quite refreshing. 

Fresh Apple Pore Cleansing Oil


This cleansing oil is supposed to remove tough makeup and give your pores a deep-cleansing at the same time. You are to apply dry,and then add a bit of water to work it up into a milky consistency. I have not tried this one yet as I'm waiting to be finished my Bioderma first.

Acorn Jelly Mask


This mask contains powdered acorns from Jiri-mountain - this is a mountain in South Korea where the crystal water contains the plant compound, tannin, which apparently, helps to tighten pores. This mask only needs to be left on the skin for one minute to be able to tighten oil-clogged pores and exfoliate the top layers of dead skin cells. I've used this product twice so far. It seems to be gentle enough to use on a regular basis, so I'm going to try to use it about three times a week. Since you only need to leave it on for a minute, it's actually quite convenient to use. After use, my skin felt soft and my pores seemed slightly tightened. I'll have to use it consistently to really know if it is making a difference though.

I also picked up the Coconut Milk Rich Hand Cream, and received a couple of free gifts with purchase - the Gold Caviar Collagen Mask Sheet and a body spray.

Overall, I think this line of products is fantastic. I could have purchased a lot more, but I was afraid I would not be able to zip up my suitcase!

Have you ever tried anything from Skinfood?

See Part 1 - Shu Uemura here.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment