Friday, April 19, 2013

MAC In Extra Dimension Collection


I wasn't planning on picking anything up from the new In Extra Dimension collection from MAC, but as I was browsing the counter on my lunch break last week, these two beauties caught my eye. I have an Extra Dimension highlighter from the collection that was released around the holidays that I have been enjoying, so these were quite tempting to me. 

I purchased the Extra Dimension Eyeshadow in Smoky Mauve and the Extra Dimension Skinfinish in Shape the Future.

The eyeshadow is so pretty - a soft purplish-taupe that shimmers, but isn't sparkly. It is very wearable for everyday, in my opinion.

The skinfinish is great because you get two shades that can be worn separately as a blush and highlighter, or swirled together for a shimmery cheek, which is how I tend to wear it. I love products like this that give you a couple of options. I can see myself reaching for this a lot because it is very neutral and can be paired up with a wide variety of eye and lip looks.

Smoky Mauve allover lid,
blended with Clarins Taupe

Sorry if this collage is a bit creepy looking, but I wanted to show you how the colours looked. This look turned out quite soft and pretty. I applied Smoky Mauve all over the lid, and then blended Clarins Ombre Minerale Mono Eyeshadow in Taupe into the crease. I lined with liquid liner and smudged over it with a matte black shadow.

Smoky Mauve layered over
Maybelline Color Tattoo in Pomegranate Punk

I played around with the Smoky Mauve shade again the next day, only this time I layered it over my Maybelline Color Tattoo in Pomegranate Punk and blended MAC's Cork into the crease and I really liked how this turned out. I just lined with Tarte's Skinny SmolderEyes Liner in Onyx and blended it out with a matte black shadow. On my cheeks, I used Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Blushing Bride that I mentioned here.

Have you picked up anything from the new MAC collections that are out right now?

Thanks for reading!


1 comment: