Monday, April 22, 2013

Product Review - Too Faced La Creme Lipstick


Too Faced La Creme Lipstick - Spice Spice Baby and Naughty Nude

After hearing so much buzz around the Too Faced La Creme lipsticks, I was really interested in trying them out. I even had them on my wishlist for quite sometime before getting around to making the purchase. Well I'm really happy that I finally picked them up because they are really, really nice.

I chose the shades Spice Spice Baby and Naughty Nude. Both of these shades are incredibly neutral and wearable but give a really healthy, polished look. Perfect for everyday, especially for those who work in an office environment. Spice Spice Baby is a more rosy toned brown-nude, and is pretty much a shade that I would classify as "my lips but better". Naughty Nude is a more neutral brown-nude that is not pale at all. Nudes are hard for me to wear as I find they look quite dead on me, but these are perfect.


Spice Spice Baby and Naughty Nude

As you can see, there is a bit of a sheen to the finish, so a gloss is not necessary. But of course, that is up to you. 

The scent of these is quite interesting to me. I've never come across a lipstick that smells like this - it is kind of a spicy smell. I'm not sure how else to describe it. But it does not bother me at all, I actually quite like it. 

These are not long-wearing lip colours by any means. The creamy texture is lovely, feels moisturizing on the lips and just looks just as moist, so of course the trade-off is wear-time. Without eating or drinking, I would say that these last on my lips for several hours, but as soon as I sip on a coffee, I know that I will have to reapply. That is fine with me though. Especially with these neutral shades, it is not really a problem as I can easily reapply without a mirror.


Spice Spice Baby

Naughty Nude


Can I also say that I love the packaging? The packaging is really pretty and sleek. I appreciate details like this.

Have you picked up any of the Too Faced La Creme Lipsticks?

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment