Wednesday, May 22, 2013

IPSY Glam Bag - May 2013

I mentioned in this post that I had recently subscribed to the monthly subscription service, IPSY Glam Bag and was thinking of doing a comparison between this and Glossybox. However, I received my May package last Wednesday when I was in New York, and upon opening it the other night, it was way too good to wait! The timing is a bit off to do a comparison review - I received my IPSY Glam Bag halfway through May, while I'm not expecting to receive my May Glossybox until the first week of June, so I'm going to go ahead and show you what I got. I think this is the first time I was this excited about a subscription box, and I've tried several (Glossybox, Topbox, Luxebox).


For your information, the total subscription price ended up being $174CAD after the conversion to Canadian dollars, etc. This works out to $14.50 / month. I believe the total cost is $10 / month if you are in the USA.

Here is everything I got:




First of all, everything came in this super cute little cosmetics bag. This is a great little bag to carry a few items around with you in your purse, so I'll get a lot of use out of this. I believe a bag comes every month, but I'm not positive on that, so we'll see.



St. Tropez One Night Only Instant Glow Body Lotion - I have not yet tried any of the St. Tropez tanning products, but I have been meaning to for a while now. This is different as it does not develop over time, but rather it is an instant tan that washes off in the shower. I guess it would be good for a night out, etc. It is transfer-resistant, so hopefully it will not rub off on clothing at all, but I may test it with older clothes first! Anyways, I'm excited to try this because I cannot wear dresses without some sort of colour on my legs.


Juice Beauty Reflecting Gloss in Pink - this gloss is gorgeous! It has a sweet fruity smell and is absolutely not sticky at all. I normally love Juice Beauty products, but have not yet tried any of their cosmetics, so I was really happy to get this. The colour is actually more of a mauve than pink, like the name, but it is exactly the colour that I would have selected for myself.


Yaby Conealer in Buff - I have never heard of Yaby, let alone tried it before, but I will likely buy more of this concealer, as well as look into what other products are available from this brand. I used it today over my regular foundation, just in the areas I needed it, and the coverage is really nice. The concealer is creamy and easy to blend. The colour seemed to melt right into my skin, even though I was worried it would be a bit dark. It worked great. Also, this little pan popped right into my Z-Palette for safe storage. 


Mirabella Perfecting Powder - I used this to set my makeup this morning. It is a nice powder. I'll have to use it for a little while to see if it is different from my other setting powders. This product is talc, paraben, and gluten-free.



Zoya Nail Polish in Blu - this was the only disappointment - not because I don't like it, I actually already have it! You might have seen it here. I wish I had received one of the other colours from this collection. Blu is from the Zoya Lovely Collection that came out this spring. I would have loved to try the pink or the gold. Oh well..

As for the cost, a full size Zoya polish is about $8.50, and the Juice Beauty lip gloss is around $14 (this particular version hasn't been released yet, but I did see a similar gloss from the brand selling for this amount). So just with these two products you are getting more than the price paid. Impressive!

Anyways, all in all, I was really, really impressed with my first IPSY experience. I can't wait for my next bag! 

Thanks for reading!

1 comment: