Monday, May 6, 2013

I've Hit Pan!

Ok, so I do have a huge bag of empties that I have been saving up for an empties post, but for now, I've decided to show the makeup items that I have hit pan on. We all know that empties posts mainly consist of hair and skincare, as makeup items can be difficult to use up, and I wanted to show you what the product looks like, before it is completely gone. Not to mention, even though I have hit pan on all of these items, some will not make it to my bag of empties for quite some time still. So here we go...



center: Nars Blush in Orgasm
clockwise from top left: MAC Eyeshadow in Phloof!, Laura Mercier Shimmer Bloc in Pink Mosaic, Make Up For Ever Mat Bronze #20, Kiko Makeup Milano Soft Focus Compact Wet & Dry Mineral Foundation in #3, NYX Stay Matte But Not Flat Powder Foundation 01 Ivory, It Cosmetics Celebration Foundation in Fair
center: Nars Blush in Orgasm

The Powder Foundations

l to r: It Cosmetics Celebration Foundation in Fair, Kiko Makeup Milano Soft Focus Compact Wet & Dry Mineral Foundation in #3, NYX Stay Matte But Not Flat Powder Foundation 01 Ivory

I have been trying a lot of new powder foundations lately. It is so quick and easy to buff on a powder and then be done with foundation. For over ten (!!!) years, I was extremely loyal to the pressed powder mineral foundation from Pur Minerals, as it gives amazing coverage, and holds up very well on my oily skin. However, they have recently reformulated, and I'm not as impressed with the new version. So I have been on the hunt for something to take it's place. 

I actually like all three of the above products. It Cosmetics Celebration Foundation is definitely the winner for me. If price is a concern, the NYX version is very good as well, at a fraction of the price. I picked up the Kiko powder when travelling to Italy, as it is an Italian brand that I do not believe is available in North America. While it is a nice product, it doesn't bother me too much that I cannot replace it once it is all gone. 

Out of these three powders, the only one that I have already repurchased is the It Cosmetics Celebration Foundation. It has very nice full coverage and doesn't look too cake-y, as powders sometimes can. I do have several other brands of powder foundation on my wishlist to try in the future. I'm always interested in seeing if there is something that I will like better.

The Cheek & Eye Products

clockwise: Nars Blush in Orgasm, Laura Mercier Shimmer Bloc in Pink Mosaic, Make Up For Ever Mat Bronze in #20, MAC Eyeshadow in Phloof!

Nars Blush in Orgasm

This is actually my second time buying this product, as I do think it is a staple. The first time I bought this blush, my collection was significantly smaller, so I wore it all the time and therefore it was very easy to use it all up and immediately repurchase. Although I have hit pan and obviously made a very large dent in this one, I likely won't be finished with it anytime soon as I have so many other options these days. 
Laura Mercier Shimmer Bloc in Pink Mosaic

You might have seen this in my Top 5 - Highlighters post the other day. I love this highlighter and it has lasted an extremely long time. I use the top and left shades more as a blush, and the bottom and right shades as a highlight. I haven't tried any of the other Shimmer Blocs, but of course they are gorgeous as well.

Make Up For Ever Mat Bronze in #20

I purchased this bronzer less than a year ago, but used it pretty much everyday last summer. It is probably a bit light for me, but I don't mind as it makes it a bit harder for me to go overboard. I bought this matte product with the intention of using it for contour, but it is also great for helping my face match my body when I have been using self-tanning products. I recently picked up a Bobbi Brown matte bronzer that is very comparable to this product, except perhaps a bit deeper so I likely will not repurchase this MUFE version when it is finished.

MAC Eyeshadow in Phloof!

This MAC eyeshadow basically goes with anything and is a perfect shimmery highlight, so it is easy to reach for it on a daily basis. I would recommend this as a nice basic to have.

I used to get so sad hitting pan on some of my favourite makeup products as I always wanted them to last forever, but now, with so many new and exciting things coming out, it is great to know you have enjoyed and really gotten your money's worth out of everything you buy.

Thanks for reading!

1 comment: