Monday, June 3, 2013

Favourites - May 2013



It's favourites time again, and May was a month where, while I did purchase several new products, I mainly used items that were already in my collection. I suppose the two eyeshadow palettes are relatively new (mentioned here and here), but the blush, lip stain, polishes, primer, and hair oil are products that I have had for a little while.

Macadamia Healing Oil Treatment - I received this as part of a Glossybox. While it is a sample size, there is actually a lot of product. Of course with a hair oil, you only use a small amount, so this bottle is lasting a long time. I really like using this on the ends of my hair in the morning before I use my curling iron. It really makes my hair look a lot healthier and seals off any split ends. I want to purchase a larger size, as well as their Deep Repair Masque.

Murad Skin Perfecting Primer - I purchased the acne and shine control version of this primer. I don't find that anything completely controls my shine, but just helps me last a bit longer until I require a blotting tissue. I really like how this primer is tinted. It does not come in various shades, and the tint does not match my skintone, so this cannot be worn alone, but I do find that the tint helps me apply less foundation than normal, as my skin looks more even. So, I do really enjoy using this, and will be repurchasing once this tube is finished. 

The Meet Matte Nude and the Wet n Wild Sparkle Till Morning eyeshadow palletes have been my go-to eyeshadows for the month of May. I've been doing a lot of neutral brown eye looks, and between these two palettes, you really have everything you need. I don't even find it necessary to have a separate liner as the darkest shades in each palette can be used with an angled liner brush. 


Hot Mama from theBalm is such a gorgeous blush colour! I'm obsessed with it! It is a pinky-coral with gold shimmer in it, that reminds me a bit of Nars Orgasm. The shimmer is definitely not too much, but at the same time, you can skip the highlighter if you wanted. I'll be posting more about theBalm blushes in the future, because I have accumulated the whole collection, and they are all beautiful.

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Honey - I just realized that I have never mentioned the Revlon Balm Stains on my blog! I really enjoy using them, and my favourite is Honey. It is a really perfect nude pink, but shows up really well on my lips. I love how they have a bit of shine, but also last so long. I forgot about this one for a little while, but used it a lot in May.


I have also been loving the Zoya Pixie Dust nail polishes in Nyx and Godiva. First of all, I have been having really good luck with Zoya in general, but these textured polishes are really fun. They dry down matte, with a little bit of glitter in the background. I love these muted shades, and the formula is so easy to apply that it looks flawless on the nails. Love these. 

I can't wait to see what June will bring!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment