Monday, July 8, 2013

Favourites - June 2013

I hesitated in preparing a post for June favourites, because I really haven't been using anything new and exciting. I have basically been reaching for the same tried and true products that I've been using for awhile now. Perhaps I'm in a bit of a rut? I will try to get out of this for July, but for now, this is just a quick recap of my go-to products for June. 


The main reason why I wanted to post this was that there was one standout product that I picked up in May, but didn't really start using regularly until June. It is the Miracle Skin Transformer Acne Control Tinted Skin Enhancer. This comes in light, medium, tan, dark, and clear. Of course I chose the light shade. I've been using it as a tinted moisturizer and then touching up with concealer as needed.



There are two reasons I really wanted to try this product, and as it delivers on both, they are also the reasons I like it: 1) provides a nice, light coverage for summer, and 2) doesn't cause me to worry that my foundation is causing future breakouts down the line. 

Lately I just haven't wanted to fuss with a full coverage foundation, so this has been a perfect solution. I'm not sure I would go so far as to say this product is a miracle, but I do enjoy using it and I will definitely be repurchasing. 

The concealer that I have been using most often lately is the Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Flawless Wear Concealer, as I talked about in my Weekend Away post. I have the shade Warm Light and it works perfectly for me. 

Also mentioned in my Weekend Away post are my current favourite lip and cheek products - Tarte LipSurgence in Achiote and Bobbi Brown blush in Nectar. 

Here are the swatches for all of these products:

l to r: Miracle Skin Transformer in Light, Estee Lauder Double
Wear Conceler in Warm Light, Bobbi Brown blush in Nectar,
Tarte LipSurgence in Achiote

Since it is the summer, and the Miracle Skin Transformer doesn't offer a ton of oil control properties, I have been relying on my Boscia oil-blotting sheets. I really like the Boscia variety, but it may be largely due to the cute little plastic holder you can get to hold them in...

Last but not least, I wanted to include my favourite nail polishes. Again, you have seen me post about these before (here and here), but I'm really loving them, and they are my favourites!

left: Essie's DJ Play That Song
right: Essie's Bottle Service

So again, sorry for being repetitive, but you can't help your favourites, right?

Thanks for reading!







No comments:

Post a Comment