Friday, July 5, 2013

Long Weekend Away Picks

So in Canada, last weekend was our Canada long weekend, and I took the opportunity to get away, even if it was just for three days. Travelling light, especially when I'm just gone for a few days is always something I strive for. I hate to lug around a ton of products, not to mention, I hate spending a ton of time in the morning when I could be out walking by the water or sipping coffee on a patio! So I thought I would show you my very minimal long weekend look that allowed me to fit everything in my travel bag and still have room for my non-makeup essentials! 

Here is what I packed:


Face products

I've been trying a new foundation for summer - it is the Vichy Normaderm Teint Anti-Imperfection Foundation. This is a very light foundation that is meant to mattify and even out combination to oily skin. I like it so far, but I've only been using it for a short time, so a review may be coming soon.

Since the Vichy foundation is quite light, I used the Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Flawless Wear Concealer. This provides very nice, long-lasting coverage and can be built up to cover just about anything. I use it on my face, as well as under my eyes, so it saves on having to carry two separate concealers. 

To set my face makeup, I brought along my Lancome Dual Finish Pressed Powder. It provides a smooth matte finish, and it is nice for touch-ups as well.

Cheek products

For bronzer, everytime I travel, I bring along my Tarte Amazonian Clay Mineral Bronzer in Park Ave Princess. It is a perfect, natural bronzer to add colour allover, as well as for contouring. 

I've mentioned my Bobbi Brown blush in Nectar before. I think it is turning out to be an all-time favourite - it is a pinky coral that is so beautiful. I reach for it so often that it made sense to bring it along as my only blush colour.



Eyes

I went for a really simple eye look. I used L'oreal's Infallible Eyeshadow in Amber Rush allover the lid and then blended it up into the crease. That's all I used. This eyeshadow is such a gorgeous shimmery shade and it comes off with a lot of dimension depending on the application. 

For eyeliner, I used a combination of two NYX Slide On Pencils - I used Golden Bronze on my top lashline and Azure on the lower waterline. It is such a pretty and summery combination, plus if you haven't tried these liners yet, they are amazing. So creamy and extremely pigmented. I know I've mentioned these before as well, but they are must haves.

I grabbed one of my many mascara samples to take with me. Clinique's High Impact mascara is one of my all-time favourites as well. It makes my lashes look amazing. I received this one as part of a bonus, and it is actually a double ended product, with their bottom lash mascara on the opposite end. I love two-in-one products!



Lips

I love Tarte's LipSurgence Lip Luster sticks, and the colour Achiote is my favourite. It is a gorgeous shimmery pinky coral with gold in it. I love how pigmented it is and how comfortable it feels on the lips. It is quick and easy to apply and great to keep in your purse for easy touch-ups. It goes especially well with the Bobbi Brown Nectar blush!

So that is all I used for the long weekend! Of course I had a few brushes with me, but overall, I was pleased with how minimal I was able to keep everything.

Have a great weekend, whether it is long or normal!

Thanks for reading!

1 comment: